Skip to content
Learning to Flow
- It’s important to be patient with yourself and practice. Initially it can be frustrating and challenging but like all other skills and hobbies practice makes perfect. I would compare it to learning a new sport or instrument; you won’t learn in one day but after a few weeks you will start to understand the basics. Everybody learns at a different pace and it’s important to note there is no right or wrong way to flow, it’s about finding your own flow. If you don’t have a friend teaching and flowing with you, don’t worry! On our Instagram, Tik Tok, & YouTube channel @SpinFlowStar you can find tutorials, tips, and tricks to help you master your flow!
How Quickly Can You Learn?
- Personally, I learned over the course of a couple months. I’ve had friends learn in as little as three days and others take their time learning the craft over a few months. Luckily, like riding a bike once you learn you won’t forget as your muscle memory will give you a helping hand. If you practice 5-10 minutes a day you'll get the hang of it in no time! It’s easier when you have others learning with you or teaching you. Flow with your friends and family to learn faster. Fun Game: imagine you are playing hacky sack but with the FlowStar passing it back and forth with friends! How long can you keep it up? What tricks can you do?
Does it matter which way I spin?
- As previously stated, there is no right or wrong way. Whichever way feels more comfortable or natural for you to twist your hand & wrist. I learned to flow with my dominant hand rotating clockwise as I was taught by mimicking a frisbee throw. From my experience it has been a 50/50 split for the way people prefer to flow but my only recommendation would be to try to learn the same way as your friends for group play. Up for a challenge? Practice flowing both ways rotating your hand clockwise and counterclockwise.
Is it normal for my arm to experience soreness?
- Don’t be surprised if after a few minutes of spinning and practicing you start noticing some soreness or discomfort in your wrist, forearm, or shoulder. This is perfectly natural and normal as you are training to move and engage your body and muscles with this new arm workout. As you continue to practice and train your body with these new movements the soreness will naturally subside or take longer before setting in. Try practicing with the opposite hand or spinning in the opposite direction to help alleviate soreness. Or better yet try to pass it back and forth between your hands for an extra challenge.
How long does it take the order to ship?
- EDIT AS OF May 2023!! Due to a surge in sales orders are taking longer to ship as we work thru our supply chain bottleneck. Each Flowstar is handmade in Bali with care. Our team is working hard to catch up on recent orders. New shipping times can range from 1-4 weeks depending long which design you ordered. Restocks are coming in on a weekly basis. If you were expecting quicker shipping plz contact us at email@example.com and we can try to remedy the situation. We appreciate your support for our small business and thank you for your patience.
- All orders besides customized FlowStar’s ship within 48 hours of purchase. This may vary depending on the collection. Plz see collection page or product page for additional details*. Once shipped, depending on your location please allow 2-5 business days for your order to arrive (domestic) and 7-10 business days for all international orders. Learn more in our Shipping Policy page.
Will people ask if you toss pizza dough?
- If I had a dollar every time I’ve been asked I would be close to retiring…additional references may or may not include magic carpet, flying carpet, UFO, flying saucer, and sombrero. Hopefully you can show off your new skills at the next pizza party.
How to wash?
- Cold wash on Delicate and air dry. Leave to dry in the shade away from direct sunlight. The LED models must be hand washed to avoid water damage to the lights.
- Children as young as 7 and 8 have been able to learn but those aged 10 and older are able to flow more consistently. It's a great break for young kids as it promotes hand eye coordination, creativity, and outside play in this digital era filled with screens.
What is the difference between the models?
- The LED collections are a bit smaller in size (64cm) and weight. It may be easier for those with smaller hands and younger ages. The Originals, Double-Sided, Fluorescent, and Limited-Edition Models are a bit larger in size (68cm) and weight. This makes it ideal for outdoor conditions and flowing with friends.
- Our FlowStar’s are created from a high-quality mix of cotton and lycra. Ensuring a stretchy and long-lasting relationship. Additionally, each FlowStar is handmade with love, gratitude, and positivity. Please keep this energy flowing.
Where is this popular and why?
- This style of juggling and play has grown in many international communities. Originating in Spain, it has been popularized throughout Europe, Israel, India, Bali, Australia, and soon to be America! Helping create friendships and encourage exploration the community has grown worldwide. Creating a niche within the flow and festival community we remember we are all connected within the energy of the world. We stay reminded to be kind, live humbly, smile often, and to live love and flow in this beautiful life.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.